OM - The Sound, the Vibration of the Universe, The Primordial Sound
GAM - The Seed Sound, or bija sound of Lord Ganesha
GANAPATAYE - Another name of Lord Ganesh, the one who overcomes of obstacles.
NAMAHA - I offer you my salutations, I bow to you.
The Ganesha mantra Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha is used by devotees to offer prayers to Lord Ganesha and seek his blessings and help.
People use this mantra when they are ready for a new beginning or get involved in something new. This can be anything, a new job, a new relationship, a business deal or something simple like beginning a new day. This is a powerful mantra to remove obstacles, negativity, and fears.
According to Hinduism, Lord Ganesha is the master of knowledge and wisdom and the first deity to be worshipped during any rites. The son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, Ganesha is believed to have a human body and an elephant’s head. He is described as having a big belly and a single tusk. One can even find a rat companion by his side. The trunk of Ganesha is known to symbolize his ability to lift obstacles while the rat enters hardest to reach places to remove all obstacles. Apart from being the remover of obstacles, Ganesha is considered to be the guardian of beauty, bearer of compassion, grace, and prosperity. He is known to protect the devotees and bestow spiritual and material gifts upon them. He represents an awaked state of mind or self-realization.
With this mantra, we call upon the powerful energy of Lord Ganesha who is revered widely as the Lord of beginnings and remover of obstacles. This mantra is very important because it is not only easy and catchy but also expresses the willingness to move past all the obstacles in our lives. When we choose to chant this mantra, we align ourselves with the desired result and move towards it with dedication.
Ganesha resides in the first chakra called the Muladhara, the principal origin from which the powerful energy of Shakti dwells in each of us. The awakening that energy helps us move through the chakras easily to activate a strong sense of divinity, self-realization, awakening, and connection with our intuition.
Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha Benefits
- The mantra is believed to be best for any new venture or beginning. Regular repetition of the powerful mantra helps the chanter focus on the work at hand.
- Worshipping Lord Ganesha Brings prosperity, good luck and success in any new task undertaken.
- Chanting the Ganesha mantra brings peace and happiness to one’s life. It destroys enemies from the path. It brings clarity to the life and activities. One can visualize his dreams and goals better and work in the direction to achieve the set objectives.
- Removes fear from one’s mind and heart.
- This mantra is known to invoke Lord Ganesha to remove every obstacle in your life and work. With constant meditation of this mantra, all the blocked energy and hindrances are released.
- If you are facing problems in any relationship, you can recite the Ganesha Mantra to get relieved from the problems and make the relationship healthy.
- Ganesha Mantra works by eradicating the evil and blessing the devotee with success, abundance and no evil spirits can dare to enter the mind or home of the devotee who practices this mantra.
How To Recite The Mantra
Chanting the Ganesha Mantra 108 times every morning and evening helps you break through all the obstacles and get freedom from all troubles. It purifies your mind, body, and soul. The blocked energy in your spirit and body is released. You are blessed with knowledge and wisdom. You start seeing improvement in whatever you undertake and gradually acquire social status and financial success.
The Ganesha Mantra “Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha” is a siddhi mantra containing the power of the supreme deity. When practiced with proper dedication and devotion, the mantra yields the desired results. There are no strict rules about when or how to recite the Ganesha Mantra. You can use it any time to call beauty, luck, happiness, and success in your life. It is a powerful tool that helps get over fears, negativity, and hindrances.
To start reciting the Ganesha Mantra, a devotee should bathe and perform some pranayama. It is advisable to repeat the mantra – “Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha” for a full mala or 108 times. You should consider doing this regularly for a fixed number of days to turn it into a meditation to acquire success or spiritual powers. It is recommended to do the ritual for 40 days.
Like any other form of meditation, this mantra can be chanted when you are alone, sitting in a quiet area where no disturbances occur. You should be relaxed while practicing the mantra.
Another important thing about Ganesha Mantra – Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha is that one should use the powers of healing and selfless deeds for the mankind. These powers should never be misused.
Source: Big Chi Theory